At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Trait Discovery Intern
The Trait Discovery team of Bayer Crop Science Bergschenhoek is specialized in finding ways to improve vegetable crops faster. Specifically, we develop tools to improve native traits such as disease resistance, fruit quality and flavor. To be successful it is critical that we understand each trait and how it contributes to our novel product concepts. With this understanding we can generate the right phenotypes and genotypes to develop the best selection tools for our breeding partners.
This is your opportunity to join the Trait Discovery team to directly impact the development of innovative products. Your goal will be to analyze and characterize novel plant traits (agronomical and physiological) in collaboration with highly motivated and professional research teams. This position focuses on combining market insights, literature, data analysis and data collection in field trials, to develop selection methodologies for our breeding pipelines.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Connect with key stakeholders to understand research question(s).
• Turn market insights and literature research into trait characterization strategy.
• Leverage historical breeding data for data analysis.
• Collect data from field trials.
• Data analysis and reporting on focus traits.
• Develop phenotyping recommendation.
• Report and present results to internal stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
• By preference a master student in Plant Sciences, Plant Breeding, Plant Biotechnology or similar related studies.
• Available for a period of 4 to 6 months, starting May 2023.
• Strong interest in vegetable breeding.
• You have experience in (statistical) data analysis.
• You seek collaboration for the team’s success.
• Good communication skills: English, written and verbal.
• Experience in plant/disease phenotyping is an advantage.???????
• You are studying in the Netherlands and are able to get to our locations.
• You are able to work independently.
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
As a modern employer, we take care of our interns. We help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
• An internship allowance of 600 per month for Master students, based on a full-time work week.
• The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
• Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science.
• Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional, and driven colleagues.
• The opportunity to work remote during the internship.
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
Interested in this vacancy?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question or do you want to learn more about the position? You can always contact Emilia Wolthuis via Emilia.firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect? The application process consists of a phone screening, a personality questionnaire and reasoning test and an interview with the recruiter and hiring manager.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via?https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/?and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and?agencies.
Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?
Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.
So join us! Be You. Be Bayer.
Link to vacancy: https://jobs.bayer.com/job/Bergschenhoek-Trait-Discovery-Intern-Neth/884585201/