At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Nutrient Analysis Intern
During the Nutrient Analysis internship you will get the opportunity to combine your theoretical knowledge with practical experiences. From Collecting data and sampling in the field to analyzing and interpreting results, this internship lets you get hands-on experience! This five-to-six-month internship at Bayer in Bergschenhoek will give you a great opportunity to learn. You will be working in a very knowledgeable team as well as working autonomously.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting literature research
- Performing sampling and data collection in the field
- Doing Nutrient analysis in the laboratory
- Analyzing and interpreting results
- Compiling findings and results in a scientific report
Creating value to, on and beyond the farm by offering tailored solutions, that’s what we do. At Bayer Vegetable Seeds, we are dedicated to developing new vegetable seed varieties that growers around the world can cultivate. By combining our passion and in-depth knowledge, we strive for crop optimization and innovation for the benefit of farmers, consumers and our planet. From glasshouses to open fields, we join our forces with science and mother nature to advance health and nutrition. Do you want to join this team as well?
Your skills and competencies:
- You are a bachelor/master student of plant sciences or related studies
- You can do field tasks like data collection and sampling
- You are autonomous and pro-active
- You are fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
- You have a valid driver’s license B and are able to drive to Belgian fields for sampling
- You have knowledge of basic statistics
- You are available for a period of five to six months starting in September
- Preferably you have some Dutch language skills
- Preferably you have access to a car
As a modern employer, we take care of our interns. We help them find a balance between career development opportunities and personal life planning. We offer our interns a wide range of learning opportunities, a modern working environment and a competitive compensation. Bayer interns benefit from great employment conditions, such as:
- An internship allowance of €500 per month for Bachelor students and €600 per month for Master students, based on a full-time work week.
- The opportunity to gain practical experience within a market-leading, international organization.
- Due to a broad scope of activities, you will get to deal with many different people and processes within Bayer Crop Science.
- Gaining experience in a team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Be innovative, be Bayer. We shape the future of everyday health, patient care and agriculture. Together, we can advance health and nutrition for all. Guided by our purpose ‘science for a better life’, rooted in our LIFE-values and steered by the organization’s strategy, we reach for our ambitious vision. Help bring this vision to life: Health for all, hunger for none.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Apply online by sending us your resume and cover letter. Do you have a question, or do you want to learn more about the position?
You can always contact Sanne Kroos via Sanne.Kroos@bayer.com.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer?
Check our social wall via https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
We do not accept any unsolicited applications and agencies.
|Do you want to work in a place where you can be just YOU?
Your unique personality, background and talents help build a strong, diverse and inclusive Bayer.
So join us! Be You, Be Bayer.
Netherlands : Netherlands : Bergschenhoek